But what is a bobbin ?
A bobbins is used to sew under the fabric. Indeed when you sew with a sewing machine, you have nice stitches on top and also on the bottom.
In order to have a discreet seam, you can use the same color for both threads (needle and bobbin) and fabric.
How to do ?
I will try to teach you through words but it’s clearer in video ! You can see my YouTube tutorial by clicking here: Go to YouTube
- First you must put your reel of thread on the reel holder
- Put the thread on the thread guide
- Put the thread in the hole of the bobbin from inside to outside
- Place the bobbin on the bobbin holder and clip it to the right
- Hold the thread to the top
- Switch the machine on and press on the pedal to do nearly 10 rotations holding the thread to the top with your hand
- Cut the thread which exceed from the bobbin (this one that you hold from step 5)
- Press again on the pedal to fill the bobbin (it slow down when it is full)
- Unclip the bobbin holder to the left
- Cut the thread
And now you are ready to sew !